Thursday, September 01, 2005

Moving along


I think I have enough pottery thrown to fill the kiln now. I threw some small cups today just to fill in the spaces and to do some test glazes on. Maybe one of the oribe glazes I've been thinking about.

This past weekend I helped Tony Winchester pack up his stuff. He is moving back to Iowa to be closer to his family. He gave me a bunch of stuff, including buckets, bricks, kiln shelf chunks, an old kiln that he got from Tom Hubbel (I may turn it into a bisque kiln one day), some clay, and a table. Man, does that guy know how to party! It was a little hard for me to keep up. I'm gonna miss driving out there.

Tomorrow, I think I am going to work on the collection box and the damper. Make it a little more airtight. I might start getting my glazing station ready, too.

No comments: